Joie De Vivre | Salt (Acoustic)
strand of oaks - goshen ‘97
*cringes at 9 year old me*
*cringes at 13 year old me*
*cringes at year ago me*
*cringes at day ago me*
*cringes at future me*
i lay awake
- replaying my college major, that led to extreme debt, long periods of unemployment, and career unfulfillment
- thinking about the fucked up people i’ve trusted in my life and get annoyed that i’m spending precious moments of my life thinking about them - more or less, i spend a lot of time analyzing the awful/liars/shitty people and try to understand what makes someone spontaneously shitty
- how bad i miss my dog. so fucking bad.
- the past and how i can’t change things, but how i subsequently regret things that i believe have fucked me solely due to karma on past actions
- holocene, and flying away from pdx, looking down and feeling the most simultaneously empty and full; a rebirth almost if you will, at 24
- style guides and why there are so many
- stereotypes and why everyone thinks i’m an uneducated 19 year old bitch that flunked out of college
- how i love and hate philadelphia so much that it’s obscene
- that i’m getting hella old. and things still haven’t fallen into place
- accepting that things haven’t fallen into place because they may never will
- silently singing rilo kiley songs and replaying shows over and over in my head
- getting upset over having insomnia
there’s not enough melatonin in the world.
My favorite picture/piece of artwork by far.